Difference Between CBD Distillate and CBD Isolate

Informative Article

What is CBD Distillate and CBD Isolate?

The hemp world has grown in size and awareness. There are also many, many different forms of CBD and you might have heard of CBD Distillate and Isolate; however, these can get confusing and you should know what you’re getting into before you decide to buy CBD. 

First let’s talk about CBD and what it stands for. CBD is short for cannabidiols, the non-psychoactive part of the hemp plant. This cannabinoid is generally used for people who might be dealing with anxiety, depression, PTSD, insomnia, and among other things. People also love CBD for the stress relief and relaxation that comes with it. Although CBD is not a “cure-all” it really is a very healthy cannabinoid with many essential vitamins and minerals. Now that we have the basic idea of what CBD is let’s talk about the difference between CBD distillate and isolate. 

What is CBD Distillate?

First off, CBD distillate is hemp oil that conatains other cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. CBD distillate has less than 0.3% THC for legal purposes but contains all the other elements of the plant such as the following: CBG (cannabigerol), CBN (Cannabinol), and CBC (Cannabichromene). These other components are overlooked but serve a great purpose in hemp oil. Studies show that CBG acts as an antidepressant and can help ease pain as well as help with muscle cramps. CBN can help with insomnia and CBC with pain relief. These other cannabinoids enhance the Cannabidiol oil’s performance. Check out our CBD Distillate page for more information.

What is CBD Isolate?

Unlike CBD Distillate, CBD Isolate is extremely refined and concentrated. CBD makes up more than 99% of its content with the other percent being plant remains and terpenes. CBD Isolate is a very fine powder and not an oil. This powder can be used for the same reasons but in different ways than the hemp oil.

The typical cbd isolate should be free of everything other than CBD and should be free of contaminants and all impurities. It should have no taste and no smell as well. So if you don’t want to be tasting the CBD but you want the same benefits, you should buy some of our CBD Isolate.
Add it to whatever you want, whether it’s your morning cup of coffee or your evening tea, isolate is a great way to integrate CBD in your life.

How is CBD Distillate made?

The first thing you would want to do if you were to go about extracting CBD Distillate is extracting the crude oil from the hemp plant. Once the crude oil is extracted it goes through something called winterization where it is chilled. This process lasts for 24 to 48 hours so it can be separated. Once done winterized, the oil goes through decarboxylation where the hemp oil gets heated and then refined into 80% CBD and the other 20% being other minor cannabinoids.

How is CBD Isolate made?

Here at Nemadji we use supercritical Co2 extraction to obtain a pure cbd isolate. But before we do that you have to obtain some hemp biomass and extract the crude oil from it. Once the crude oil is extracted it goes through winterization. After that process is done it moves on from there to supercritical Co2 chromatography. This will crystalize it and create a 100% CBD powder. Contact us for more information about this topic.